« Home |

Thursday, December 28, 2006 

God if you have a plan for my life; where were you last Thursday....

Well, it's been awhile since my last post and a lot has happened. For months I have been discontent with having too much time and nothing really happening in my life. I have wanted to go home and I have wanted to go back to school. But my longing for 'action' if you will has come around...

Friday December 15th, my roommate and I decided that it was time to relax and watch a Christmas movie; I was on the movie detail while my roommate, Amanda was on the dinner detail. I opened the door to my apartment and started to head down the stairs, it was pitch black out (our outside lights are on a timer which were conveniently reset with the power outage the night before), I reached the bottom or so I thought but unfortunately missed the bottom step and took quite a fall. I messed up my right foot, the same one I had injured this summer. But I was determined to get a Christmas movie, so my roommate had to come with me, I couldn't walk. So, she ran upstairs turned off the oven and got in my car. I couldn't walk but I apparently was able to drive...I'm crazy. Well, by the end of the night I was in so much pain that I had to borrow my other roommates’ crutches just to get up and go to the bathroom. I used them all weekend, and then decided I didn't need them anymore. So, I went to work Monday without them...I figured my foot would recover fast, but it only got worse.

Meanwhile, my car, Jack had been acting up, not idling right and running at too high of RPMs. Wednesday, December 20th, I noticed that I had a huge transmission fluid leak, so I took him in to see if the leak could be fixed. But instead I found out that I needed a whole lot more than a new transmission line...way too much money than Jack was worth (in the financial world). The mechanic was going to try and figure out a way to stop the leak so I would be able to get back and forth to work until I found a replacement car.

Thursday morning, my foot still in much pain, I received a call from the shop. My car wasn't there and I didn't have it. Someone had stole poor old Jack from my mechanics lot. My emotions were going crazy, I'd almost cry then I would think how funny the whole situation was. Jack, an 87 Ford Tempo was sitting in the lot of a auto shop and was stolen. Someone definitely wasn't in their right mind...I just laugh at the thought, although I am extremely saddened with the loss of an old friend.

Meanwhile, my foot still hurting, my boss convinces me to get it checked out. I go in that afternoon to an immediate care...4 hours later, (and I thought it was an immediate care) I find out I have two fractures in my foot, one in my ankle and one in my foot. I was given my own set of crutches and a splint cast.

Friday, the doctor calls with the x-ray results he says I don't have a fracture in my foot, but the fracture in my ankle may be an old one. I go and exchange my splint cast for a walking boot cast.

Then I was able to breathe a few days for Christmas.

Tuesday, December 26, I go back into the doctor to confirm the fracture in my ankle. I need to see an orthopedic surgeon but because of my lack of health insurance they are taking it one-step at a time. I am suppose to keep off my foot as much as I can and come back in 2 weeks for more x-rays.

It is now Thursday, one week later, my foot is still super painful, and my car still is missing. My insurance won't cover it, and neither will the mechanics insurance. I have a few leads on a new car...but at this point I won't be able to drive anyway, so I am not too worried.

So, if I had complained or grieved over not having anything happen in my life, I recant and I ask for peace and guidance in the plans God has for me.

For Christmas, I received a book, the title..."God if you have a plan for my life; where were you last Thursday.” I simply laughed at the thought of how true this title was to my life's situation.

I know God has a plan and I am interested to see what that plan is. In the meantime, I urge you to pray for my foot, and my car. And pray that I would know what I am suppose to do now. I need to rest in the Lord, which I have been struggling with for some months now...but maybe this is a little nudge from the Lord to remind me that He is in control.

|