« Home |

Friday, May 12, 2006 

Done...

As of 2am Wednesday, my college career ended and I graduate in 7 days. I don't really know what to make of anything...Am I excited? Am I sad? Am I confused? Am I frustrated?--I have no idea. Today we had our last official chapel, it was senior chapel. We sang a lot and watched a slideshow of the graduating seniors. I was trying to convince myself that I wasn't going to cry, but apparently I didn't do the greatest job...I have been crying all day.

I have spent the last 6 years of my life here at Multnomah. Other than camp, Multnomah has been the biggest contributor to my growth. I have come a long way... I am no longer that quiet little 19yr old, whose heart was broken into a million pieces with no understanding of hope or trust. I am now 24, I am no longer quiet (well not as quiet as i used to be), and although my heart is still broken, i have been learning the meaning of grace and trust. But I know I am still not done...

God used my time here at Multnomah as a means to understand God's love. For years, my relationship with God consisted of beating him on the chest angrily asking, "why?" I didn't believe God loved me or anyone else for that matter....I wasn't worthy. But God just held me as I continued to beat on him...he held me tighter the angerier I got. Now, I can see that it was through the amazing people he has put in my life...he held me and taught me about his love. We are his vessels and through those vessels his love is seen and made perfect. How amazing is that...I am astonished at the love and care the Lord has shown me, I definitely don't deserve it, but that is what grace is all about.

Read 1 John, its a great depiction of God's love....

"No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us." 1 John 4:12

I am thankful for you all....thank you for loving me SO well.

|